Pixie Refined

Sunday, November 21, 2010


Who knew the same Manic Pixie Dream Girl from yesterday could evoke an entirely different feeling just by converting her to black and white?! The goal of Friday's class drawings was to achieve a face worthy of a perfume ad. I decided to experiment with the color palette and opacity in order to arrive at just that. I love that this composition evokes such a feeling of old Hollywood glamour. I have a real affinity for vintage beauty. The type of demure elegance that women of the 1950's exude through their pores. Oppressive gender roles aside, I would happily spend a day absorbed in that era. Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. You took the words right out of my head..."Old Hollywood Glamour" :) its great

    -Shirley-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks ladies!! Her hat reminds me of those saucy lounge singers with the retro microphones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is really nice. it reminds me of a more classy pinup girl. good job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks love, Bil Donovan suggested I edited the hair and now the whole look is even more demure xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. meagan, i love this your work! i think i missed this one. very strong and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground