FNO at Lord & Taylor + Fall Fashion Week Fun

Monday, September 12, 2011


























Hello Darlings,

What an absolutely chaotic week I just had. I knew it was going to be crazy but I never imagined it would be THIS crazy!! Wednesday night I had the great privilege of attending BlackBook Magazine's 15th Anniversary Party. Oddly enough my greatest highlight was not landing eyes on the beautiful Alexander Skarsgard of True Blood, but actually meeting my favorite gossip blogger ever; JustJared lol. Thursday night, as you know, was FNO in New York and I spent the greater part of three hours drawing portraits at Lord & Taylor.

I have to tell you that it was single handedly one of the wildest experiences I've ever had. The lineups for each of our tables wrapped around the third floor garment racks. I witnessed a full-blown fight after a woman was hellbent on being drawn by another artist and myself. The pressure we were under was unbelievable, meeting and drawing stranger after stranger. Eventually I found that I was able to disconnect and just draw like I would in class. Fortunately we had the incredible support of Karen Santry and FIT's Illustration Chairperson Ed Soyka to keep us on track.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I was visited by the beautiful and talented illustrator/designer Joanna Baker and the gorgeous girls of Trois Femmes: Sherry, Shirley, and Rachel. I also owe a huge thank-you to my amazing friends Josina Hector and Jenny Devenny for coming out to show their support and take so many of the pictures you see above. I was almost in tears at a certain point in the evening (in part because it was sensory overload) but also because it was the first time I saw, right in front of me, the joy that portrait drawing brings to people.

The fun continued onto Friday when Joanna and I met-up to attend Blogger's Night Out at Pranna. The event was so beautiful, professional, and well organized with free cocktails, snacks, and swag bags to boot. I can't believe this all happened in the span of three days. Oh and did I mention that Fashion Week isn't even over until the 15th?! This Wednesday I will be illustrating the VIP's and Bloggers attending the N:F:P fashion show at Wix Lounge alongside powerhouse illustrator Mara Cespon. Lastly, this Friday I will be participating in perhaps the most exciting event of all (cannot disclose just yet :).

So there you have it loves, my little/big whopping update. I wish I could have met all of you from near and far, because simply put, you make this all worthwhile. Sending so much love.

Meag xx

22 comments:

  1. Love the highwaisted pants in the first painting!

    Your illustrations are SPOT ON! It's amazing how your paintings look like the women themselves. And THAT is one lady who is hellbent on getting what she thinks she deserves! Must have been awkward to have witnessed the fight.

    Looking forward to your updates, Meagan! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how much hard work went into this but oh, just look at the results - Meagan, you really rock, these are awesome, no wonder you've had people fighting to get their portrait done by you :)

    Veronika (http://www.constantworkinprogress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the coolest idea ever. I do wish I could have been here. And I have to say I love your work here: very free, beautiful lines and lovely shade work. You are one great draftsman! :-)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. The personnal fashion sketck is such a good idea!the girls who have one are lucky;) You did a great work. How many people were waiting to get a sketch? It seems crowded :)


    http://gigisurleroc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool dress :D A lot of people there!!Means a lot of sketches ...congrats ;) <3

    http://fashionismyway.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-york-fashion-weekb-spring-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I'm so jealous. I wish I was there. All the pictures are amazing. You did a wonderful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look great - congratulations on a year of blogging and such exciting opportunities you are involved in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, looked like so much fun!! ( :

    -Cindy
    http://iamartsyfartsy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, all drawings are great! Really like your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations again!!!it was great seeing you again even if it was short...wish we had time to get an illustration done by you! next time lol :)

    xoxo
    trois femmes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks to all of you for the most encouraging feedback. It definitely was a surreal experience. Wish I could have shared it with you all in person.

    Meag xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you are really amazing at depicting each woman in your art!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good writing...keep posting dear friend
    This discussion unexpectedly takes my attention to join inside. Well, after I read all of them, it gives me new idea for my blog. thanks
    my blog:
    uggs classic tall

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is amazing. I just started a fashion blog myself and really enjoy designing as well. I'll be posting some of mine soon. I wish I could have been in New York to purchase a fashion sketch. Good luck and I really enjoy your blog and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, looks like a lovely time! I would have liked to see that. I had fun on Rodeo instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so impressive...you nailed each woman's features, exactly! would love a portrait of my own (but it might be a challenge...I'm a good bit older than, and not quite so attractive as these models!!!)
    :)
    great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your work it's gorgeous! Love the greys you used and the occasional striking blue eyes.
    Also really in love with your stunning dress! Keep up the wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice draw, if you can come to Malaysia that will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys rock, it would have been great to meet you there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow I have been through many posts on your blog and I guess I have settled on this one to post on. You works are very stunning. Your creativity is amazing. To see how these things come together I urge you to keep on going. Keep pressing forward in your quests because you do great work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Simplicity at its best thank-you so much for your incredible encouragement. I've just visited your blog to thank-you there too. I'm so touched by what you've wrote, it drives me to keep going xx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground